I must have good timing when I decide to finally make a blog post because after posting about my welcome sign yesterday, Gabby from GabbyYellow nominated me for the Liebster Award!!! Thank you so much for the nomination Gabby! If you’re a passionate DIYer you will love her blog! For being nominated, you are asked to answer 11 questions and nominate 5 other bloggers. Soooo feel free to learn more about me or just skip over the post and look at my other creations 🙂
1. If you could wake up tomorrow with the education, skills, and certifications necessary to perform any job, what would you choose for your new career and why?
If I could wake up tomorrow with the education, skills, and certifications necessary to perform a job I would want to work as a contractor/renovator. If I could work with Nicole Curtis even as her assistant I would die happy! Being able to tear apart an ugly house and restore it to it’s beauty would be the best job in the world! From tearing up tile floors to building wood beams, I would be the happiest girl alive!
2. What is your favorite thing to blog about and why?
My favorite thing to blog about is repurposing or refinishing furniture. I like the challenge of it. The projects also tend to be bigger/larger so when you are finally done you feel very accomplished and proud. My dresser turned entertainment center is definitely my favorite project to date. I haven’t shared the details on my blog yet because all the pictures from the project are on my dad’s laptop. Soon, very soon I will post about it!
3. What do you do to recharge and get back into the blogging frame of mind?
I recharge and get back into the blogging frame of mind when I get jealous of seeing everyone else’s posts! I love reading about all the beautiful projects other bloggers create which inspires me to start creating something of my own 🙂
4. What is one thing in your life that you’ve gotten to experience that you wish everyone else could experience as well?
One thing I have experienced that I hope everyone has the chance to experience is completing the Warrior Dash. It is a 3.1 mile challenge with about 12 obstacles. It is so much fun and one of the most rewarding feelings once complete. So try it!
5. Who is inspiring you at the moment and why?
My younger sister, Katie, is who is inspiring me the most as of now. She just recently got married (& her wedding was AMAZING!) and now she is moving to Arizona. She has lived at home with my parents until now so it is a huge transition and change. She is moving to Arizona because her husband has family there and wanted to move closer. My family has not been very accepting of this life decision which is why she inspires me so much. She is sticking to her decision with her husband and not letting anyone chose her life for her. And that takes a strong woman! 🙂
6. What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
The best meal I have eaten would have to be a shrimp po’boy from a restaurant in Panama City, Florida. Not only was the food good but the scenery was spectacular!
7. Describe your perfect day.
My perfect day would be relaxing on the Jersey Shore! My entire family (minus my parents and sisters) live up east so we often visit up there. My favorite place in the entire world is my grandparent’s very small, cozy beach house that rests on the jersey shore. If I’m at the beach house with my family then I can’t think of anywhere else I would rather be! From laying out in the sun, to taking a nap in the sand, to having Saturday night coffee with family and neighbors- that would be my perfect day!
8. What is one modern convenience that you could really not live without?
Running, clean water. From drinking water constantly to taking a shower every morning or after a workout, I can’t imagine not having this luxury! I’m often reminded of this luxury when watching The Walking Dead haha!
9. What is one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you?
Honestly, I think a lot of people would be surprised that I love to repurpose/renovate/blog. I haven’t told many people about my blog because I don’t feel as if I’m up to par with the rest of the blogging world. I also don’t want to come across as boastful that I am someone who is better at something than someone else. I guess you could say I don’t like being on stage, I’d rather share the spotlight. I’m so weird!
10. If a movie were made about your life, who would be best cast to play you?
Well if Emma Stone was cast to play me in a movie I would be extremely happy. She is very down to earth and funny and I would like to think that’s how I am 🙂
11. Who should read your blog and why?
I think anyone and everyone should read my blog! But if you are on a tight budget and like decorating then you will probably enjoy my blog even more 🙂 This is because I am on a fresh-out-of-college-I-have-so-much-debt budget but looooove to decorate and renovate. It’s a blessing and a curse ha!
1) My hilarious coworker and friend, Weston, from FitOn40Hours
2) The oh-so-beautiful blogger, Tay, from TouchofTay
3) My first blogger friend, Sarah, from SarahSkry
4) The very talented, Melissa, from MountPleasantHome (your husband can answer too!)
5) And last BUT NOT LEAST, one of my favorite blogs to read, Becky from TheOtherSideofNeutral